Dare to Dream of Delaware
If there has ever been a time to get real about real estate: this is it. An undeniably (if-not-painfully) cool, designers own home with 3 bedrooms + an office, 3 bathrooms and a 3 car garage/studio (unicorn-like status this is so rare). Too many upgrades/details to fit in the space we have provided here: dining room ceiling moulding (ceilings are 10′!) was sourced from Massachusetts City Hall and hand carved in 1850’s, curved doorways, hardwood floors, exposed brick accents, and a fabulous factory glass feature wall will leave you speechless. If all this wasn’t enough, it is in Toronto’s next ‘IT’ neighbourhood just off of Geary Ave. Be close to Dark Horse Coffee, the new Bellwoods Brewery and scores of other new independent restaurants/shops. You have made it. Time to live like it.
ROOM descriptions |
Living Room | High ceilings (10ft!), hardwood floors, gas fireplace and view of the park.
Dining Room | Gorgeous room with curved archway leading to living room. Ceiling moulding hand carved in the 1850’s and sourced from the Massachusetts City Hall. Exposed brick accents and large window. Spectacular room all around.
Kitchen | Modern kitchen with stainless steel appliances and tile floor. SMEG appliances (fridge and stove) and walk-out to patio and luscious garden.
Bathroom | Modern 2 piece powder room.
Master Bedroom | Lofty and bright master with painted hardwood floors, lots of natural light overlooking the park across the street, exposed brick and mantle.
Master Bath | Incredible master bath with heated tile floor, spacious glass shower and double sinks.
Second Bedroom | Built-in closet and AC wall unit. Factory glass doors and hardwood.
Third Bedroom | Built-in storage and large window.
Bathroom | Clawfoot tub completes this stylish 4 piece bathroom.
Office | Office off the 3rd bedroom with several windows and ceiling fan. Lovely and peaceful room.
Recreational Room | Cozy rec room with lots of space for storage.
Garage | Insulated detached garage could also double as a studio/workspace.
Backyard | Walk-out from the kitchen to patio and beyond to the open and lush backyard with high fences for privacy.
ADDITIONAL information |
Possession | TBD
Property Taxes | $4,244.80
Size | 1,620 Square Feet
Parking | Detached garage 1 car parking and private drive with 3 car parking.
Upgrades & Improvements |
- 2013 |
- Re-levelled floors on main floor and 2nd floor
- Installed new white oak flooring on main + 2nd
- Installed gas fireplace in living room
- Added archway connecting dining room and living room
- Added c.1850 centre ceiling moulding in dining room
- Added in ceiling speakers throughout house
- Opened up wall on staiway going up to 2nd and down to basement + added new railing
- New stairway from 1st to 2nd
- New kitchen including cabinets, countertop, appliances, tiles, backsplash, cladded wall + ceiling with tongue and groove pine, new window over sink
- Added industrial metal windows along hallway on 2nd floor
- Added master bathroom including heated floors
- Added crown moulding, trim and baseboard throughout
- Exposed brick throughout
- Custom blinds throughout
- New lighting throughout
- Tiled laundry room in basement
- Roughed-in basement 2 pc bathroom
- Tuck pointing around exterior of house
- Re-built main chimney stack
- Painted beige soffit + eavestroughs black on exterior of house
- 2015 |
- Added cedar closet to basement
- Added kids playroom to basement
- 2016 |
- Rebuilt exterior wall of basement entrance
Inclusions | All lighting and appliances are included. Full fridge in basement, SMEG fridge on main floor, SMEG dishwasher, SMEG gas range, SMEG oven, IKEA hood.
Exclusions | Microwave & deep freezer from basement & white GM fridge in garage.
About the Neighbourhood |
Geary Avenue, situated at the southernmost tip of Wychwood, was once an area known for unique commercial spaces and auto body shops. Within the last few years it has been uncovered as a cultural Mecca as artists and entrepreneurs have migrated to the area to enjoy the peacefulness and uniqueness of this little pocket.
Steps to Dufferin and Ossington bus lines it’s just a short ride or walk to the Bloor subway line. You will also find your choice or grocery stores (Sobey’s, Freshco, Loblaws and No Frills) within a few minutes of the area.
Nicknamed the “Brewery District” Geary Ave boasts the new Bellwoods Brewery, Blood Brothers Brewery and the Greater Good all producing some of the areas finest craft beers. Dark Horse Coffee with almost cult-like following established itself in the neighbourhood a few years ago.
The Dufferin and Galleria malls are both exceptionally close as well. Minutes to downtown, but surrounded by green space this area is the best the city has to offer.