Dare To Dream of Delaware
If there has ever been a time to get real about real estate: this is it. An undeniably (if-not-painfully) cool, designers own home with 3 bedrooms + an office, 3 bathrooms and a 3 car garage/studio (unicorn-like status this is so rare). Too many upgrades/details to fit in the space we have provided here: dining room ceiling moulding (ceilings are 10ft!) was sourced from Massachusetts City Hall and hand carved in 1850’s, curved doorways, hardwood floors, exposed brick accents, and a fabulous factory glass feature wall will leave you speechless. If all this wasn’t enough, it is in Toronto’s next ‘IT’ neighbourhood just off of Geary Ave. Be close to Dark Horse Coffee, the new Bellwoods Brewery and scores of other new independent restaurants/shops. You have made it. Time to live like it.
Things to Love | Sellers’ Words
- Our property feels like it’s our own little oasis. It is lined with large trees, on a corner lot, tall fence and garage at the back make it completely private when you are inside the house, or enjoying the outdoor space.
- We have a lot of nice natural light … especially in our bedroom. During the summer months you can lie in bed and look at the beautiful tree. During the winter months, the view is just as nice. The park across the street means again, more privacy.
- This house has a lot of ‘old charm’. We love the original floor tiles in our family room that once were the front entranceway of a store in the 1920’s. We love the tall ceilings, exposed brick throughout and how our home has design inspiration by many different eras.
- We have seen many positive changes to Geary Ave since we have been here. Dark Horse coffee shop, The Greater Good restaurant, Blood Brothers brewing (with its own patio) and Baldassare Pasta are all within a 5 minute walk.
- Wherever you are heading in Toronto, we are very central. Yorkville, Bloor, College, St. Clair and Wychwood (Wychwood Barns Farmers market) are all at your fingertips.
- Our home school is McMurich Junior Public School in Wychwood. “WIN”
- Having raised three kids here we have made good use of the local libraries, parks and drop-in centres. Again, all within walking distance from our home.
- We love our backyard. Great for entertaining and has enough green space to be creative if you have a green thumb.
- We have LOVED having our large garage. Extra storage is key, and it helps to have 4 parking spaces when we have friends or family over for dinner. We always dreamed of parking a vintage car in that space.
- Grocery shopping is made easy by having Sobey’s around the corner (open 24 hrs) and Loblaws within walking distance. We also walk to Fiesta Farms for our organic produce.
- We love winding down at the end of a busy day in our cozy family room. The dark walls, large archway and gas fireplace all help set the mood and force us to put our feet up and relax!
- Having a doorway into the backyard off of the kitchen means we use our BBQ year round. Also amazing when entertaining or simply having dinner for two in the backyard.
Upgrades & Improvements
- Re-levelled floors on main floor and 2nd floor
- Installed new white oak flooring on main + 2nd
- Installed gas fireplace in living room
- Added archway connecting dining room and living room
- Added c.1850 centre ceiling moulding in dining room
- Added in ceiling speakers throughout house
- Opened up wall on stairway going up to 2nd and down to basement + added new railing
- New stairway from 1st to 2nd
- New kitchen including cabinets, countertop, appliances, tiles, backsplash, cladded wall + ceiling with tongue and groove pine, new window over sink
- Added industrial metal windows along hallway on 2nd floor
- Added master bathroom including heated floors
- Added crown moulding, trim and baseboard throughout
- Exposed brick throughout
- Custom blinds throughout
- New lighting throughout
- Tiled laundry room in basement
- Roughed-in basement 2 pc bathroom
- Tuck pointing around exterior of house
- Re-built main chimney stack
- Painted beige soffit + eavestroughs black on exterior of house
- Added cedar closet to basement
- Added kids playroom to basement
- Rebuilt exterior wall of basement entrance
Possession | TBD
Property Taxes | $4,244.80
Size | 1,620 Square Feet
Parking | Detached garage 1 car parking and private drive with 3 car parking
Inclusions | All lighting and appliances are included. Full fridge in basement, SMEG fridge on main floor, SMEG dishwasher, SMEG gas range,, SMEG oven, IKEA hood.
Exclusions | Microwave & deep freezer from basement & white GM fridge in garage.